Welcome back to another great week! We had some changes last week as I am sure you know and the transitions have been very smooth! When reading my weekly blast, please make sure you focus on your child's math group. They know what color they are :). Please check below for some very important announcements and test dates!
1. Forms- Students should have brought home a TenMarks, Class Dojo, and Seesaw account information sheet today. All of these are available to parents as well. Please check with your child and sign up for the parent accounts (especially class dojo! ). We will be using these apps/webpages a lot! If you child did not come home with one, email me and I can get you that information!
2. Agenda- There is a new PDF agenda feature! On my website under the News tab, you will find our class agenda. I am able to update the agenda and you are able to click the link to view but not edit the classes agenda. I will try to use this every Monday and Wednesday when homework is assigned. I also sign all agendas every Monday and Wednesday to keep the students accountable but just incase something slips by me, you can find there homework on the link :).
3. Message from PTA- 1. ***Register On MySchoolAnywhere: It only takes 2 minutes! Please go to:https://www.myschoolanywhere.com/join.a5w Enter Code: Dolvin
2. ***Donate to the PTA Annual Fund Drive
1. On MySchoolAnywhere -: The Dolvin Online School Store is only available to those who have registered.https://www.myschoolanywhere.com/cart-new.a5w?cart=DolvinElementarySchool88944
2. Via our website at www.dolvinpta.org and clicking on Download Membership Form
4. Class updates:
Blue Math- We are continuing with Unit one and will have our test next Friday, September 9th! This will cover Multiplication, Division, Order of Operations, Translating Expressions, Evaluating Expressions, and Powers of 10. Please make sure you are reviewing nightly for any classwork assignments/formative assessments.
Yellow Math- We will continue working with Unit four and covering fractions as well as creating a line plot. We have already learned adding, subtracting, and multiplying. We will learn division this week. Our unit four test will also be next Friday, September 9th! Please make sure you are reviewing nightly for any classwork assignments/formative assessments.
Social Studies- We will be finishing up our Civil War unit on Wednesday. Please make sure your child is studying 20 minutes every night! You may always utilize my website for class notes to quiz your child with. It is a very good resource!
Science- Our first science unit will begin on Thursday. We will be covering the classification of animals and plants. Students will learn about the 5 different animal kingdoms of vertebrates and the difference between vascular and non vascular trees. More information will come next Monday.
Check back every week for a new post with information about the coming week.