Welcome back to another great week! We had some changes last week as I am sure you know and the transitions have been very smooth! When reading my weekly blast, please make sure you focus on your child's math group. They know what color they are :). Please check below for some very important announcements and test dates!
1. Forms- Students should have brought home a TenMarks, Class Dojo, and Seesaw account information sheet today. All of these are available to parents as well. Please check with your child and sign up for the parent accounts (especially class dojo! ). We will be using these apps/webpages a lot! If you child did not come home with one, email me and I can get you that information!
2. Agenda- There is a new PDF agenda feature! On my website under the News tab, you will find our class agenda. I am able to update the agenda and you are able to click the link to view but not edit the classes agenda. I will try to use this every Monday and Wednesday when homework is assigned. I also sign all agendas every Monday and Wednesday to keep the students accountable but just incase something slips by me, you can find there homework on the link :).
3. Message from PTA- 1. ***Register On MySchoolAnywhere: It only takes 2 minutes! Please go to:https://www.myschoolanywhere.com/join.a5w Enter Code: Dolvin
2. ***Donate to the PTA Annual Fund Drive
1. On MySchoolAnywhere -: The Dolvin Online School Store is only available to those who have registered.https://www.myschoolanywhere.com/cart-new.a5w?cart=DolvinElementarySchool88944
2. Via our website at www.dolvinpta.org and clicking on Download Membership Form
4. Class updates:
Blue Math- We are continuing with Unit one and will have our test next Friday, September 9th! This will cover Multiplication, Division, Order of Operations, Translating Expressions, Evaluating Expressions, and Powers of 10. Please make sure you are reviewing nightly for any classwork assignments/formative assessments.
Yellow Math- We will continue working with Unit four and covering fractions as well as creating a line plot. We have already learned adding, subtracting, and multiplying. We will learn division this week. Our unit four test will also be next Friday, September 9th! Please make sure you are reviewing nightly for any classwork assignments/formative assessments.
Social Studies- We will be finishing up our Civil War unit on Wednesday. Please make sure your child is studying 20 minutes every night! You may always utilize my website for class notes to quiz your child with. It is a very good resource!
Science- Our first science unit will begin on Thursday. We will be covering the classification of animals and plants. Students will learn about the 5 different animal kingdoms of vertebrates and the difference between vascular and non vascular trees. More information will come next Monday.
I hope everyone had an awesome 1st week of school! I know I did! We did some fun STEM challenges to kick the school year off! Please check below for some important updates and information on what you child will be learning this year.
Please make sure we have all of the beginning of the year forms back. We would like to start utilizing technology more. Students can bring their own devices to school IF they have already turned in the required forms. They will come home with more tomorrow if they are missing any. Also, be on the lookout for a technology contract which will outline the steps of consequences if technology is misused. We ask that they bring a larger device than a phone but if they need to, they may bring a phone. It MUST be on airplane mode during the school day to cut down on notifications and texts etc.
Below you will find some information about what we are currently learning in class. Your child knows what math group they are in incase you don't.
Blue Math- We are currently working on place value, and multiplication. We will also learn division, order of operations, and written expressions in this current unit. Test date is TBA.
Yellow Math- We are currently working on fractions. We have reviewed adding and subtracting today and we will extend these concepts into multiplication and division as well. This unit is all about fractions :). Test date is TBA.
Social Studies- We have already discussed the causes of the Civil War and how the Civil War started. We will extend our learning to learn about important people of the Civil War, important turning points of the war, and the effects of the war. Test date is TBA.
If you have any questions, please let me know!!
*If you reply to the email, all of your responses will be in one email to me. It is very easy for those to get lost. Please write me a new email with a different subject if you have a questions about this weekly blast. THANKS!
Check back every week for a new post with information about the coming week.