Please read below for some important weekly updates as we get ready for spring break :)
1. New agenda procedure- Starting tomorrow, students in my class will be carrying their agenda with them outside of their binder daily. Their binder will now act as their hall/bathroom pass; it will be where I will document their daily dojo points on Classdojo; and it will be getting them ready for middle school :). When we went to Autrey Mill on Wednesday, Dr. May told us how they use their agendas for everything in middle school. We want to make sure the students are prepared and confident with their middle school procedures.
2. Field Day- Field day is on Thursday! Please make sure students wear either a light blue or dark blue shirt based on their team. If they ordered a field day shirt, they will receive them this week.
3. DIY /STEM Day- We are celebrating DIY day where we will be bringing out STEM project to life. Students worked hard on creating blueprints of locker rooms for the new Falcon's stadium. They need to bring in their building supplies by FRIDAY, MARCH 31st in order to participate in the STEM activity. A shoe box is required. Other items they choose to build with are up to them :).
4. Fine Arts Night
5. Milestone Testing-
Don't forget, Milestones start after spring break. There are not allowed to be any visitors on testing days. Please keep that in mind. Students should be completing their final Milestone reviews this week for their Milestone Madness. Please make sure they are reviewing their graded tests in TL Coach Digital as well as reviewing for Science and SS.
We will continue to learn about coordinate planes and functions until April 28th when we will have our test.
Yellow Math- We had to move our Unit 2 test back to this upcoming Wednesday due to our schedule this past week. We will start learning Unit 3 this week. Unit 3 covers pre-algebra including important algebraic vocabulary such as coefficient, variable, constant, etc. We will test over Unit 3 on April 28th.
SS- We have decided as a grade level to combine the next 2 SS units. During Milestone testing, we will cover the Cold War, the Civil Rights Movement, and 1975-present day. Please make sure students are reviewing their notes and readings nightly.
I hope everyone is ready to have a great spring break!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! We have a very busy week this week so please check out some important updates below.
1. I want to thank everyone so much, parents and students, who donated to the Dolvin Relay for Life Sham-ROCKED event! It was a HUGE success. Our class alone raised over an eighth of all of the money that is donated to this awesome organization. Our class has really learned to "Live to Give". I truly appreciate all of your help in this!
2. Wednesday is our field trip to Autry Mill Middle School. Thank you so much for turning in all of those permission forms! Please have your child wear their Dolvin t-shirt on Wednesday for this field trip.
3. Thursday is our puberty lesson with the nurse. Thank you for returning these permission forms as well.
4. Friday we have an author visit.
5. Don't forget Milestone Madness week 5! All students know where to find this homework assignment. I will check Milestone Madness Week 5 on Friday.
Blue Math: We are still working on coordinate planes. The students have been doing a great job of being able to plot points and read points on coordinate planes. We have started graphing patterns. This is a much harder skill. They all have a notes packet in their binder over this skill. I suggest they review this nightly. Our test will be April 28th.
Yellow Math: We are still working on finding ratios, proportions, unit rate, and percent. Percent is a difficult skill that is found in this unit. All students got a study guide last week that we will be reviewing on Wednesday. Please make sure they are reviewing and completing this. We had our quiz last week, and students are still finishing this up.
Science: We are finishing up our constructive and destructive forces unit. Our test over this unit will be Wednesday. We moved it back a few days so students would have a few more days to review.
Social Studies: After our Science test on Wednesday, we will start our SS unit over the Civil Rights movement and the Cold War. Students should be reviewing their readings and notes nightly. Our test over this unit will be next Friday, March 31st, the Friday before Spring Break.
I hope everyone had a great LONG weekend! We had a lot of fun here at Dolvin learning about new ways to enhance student learning :) .
1. Technology Night is TONIGHT from 6-7. I hope you can make it! It is a great time to come learn about the different things that are being used in classrooms all across Dolvin.
2. ShamROCKED!- This week is the Dolvin Relay for Life event, ShamROCKED! We hope to raise $500 as a school. If we accomplish this goal, we will get a "rock and roll" dance party on Friday after announcements. Check out the flyer below:
3. Milestone Madness- Don't forget to make sure your child is working on their homework each week. It can all be found on my website under "class" and then click on "milestone madness".
Science- We have been learning about constructive and destructive forces in nature. We will continue to learn about this and will extend our learning to plate tectonics. Our test over this unit will be this Friday, March 17th.
Blue Math- We are still working on coordinate planes. We will work this week on learning about functions and patterns you might find in a graph. Our test over this unit will be April 28th.
Yellow Math- We have learned about ratios, proportions, and unit rates. We will expand our learning to learn about percents and how to make percents from decimals and fractions. Our test over this unit will be Next Friday, March 24th.
I hope everyone enjoyed the Jekyll trip or the fun 3 days with Ms. Scaff. Now back to serious business :)
1. Field Day T-shirts-
If you would like to purchase field day T-shirts, the order form went home today. The students know which team they are on. If there is any questions, please let me know
2. Milestone Madness-
Don't forget, week 3 milestone madness is due on WEDNESDAY.
3. There is no school for students on Thursday, Friday, or Monday.
We will continue to learn about coordinate planes. Students should now know how to plot points, identify points, and read data on a coordinate plane. We will work with patterns and functions next week. Our test over this unit is on April 28th.
We will continue to work on Unit 2 of 6th grade. This unit is all about ratios and proportions. Students should now know how to write ratios, find unit rates, and complete ratio tables. Our test over this unit will be March 24th.
Science- In this science unit, we will be learning about constructive and destructive forces. Students will be able to identify the different landforms, explain how they were formed, and explain how they are changing. Students will also study human involvement in shaping the landforms. Our test over this unit will be next Friday, March 17.
Check back every week for a new post with information about the coming week.