I hope everyone had a great weekend! We have a very busy week this week so please check out some important updates below.
1. I want to thank everyone so much, parents and students, who donated to the Dolvin Relay for Life Sham-ROCKED event! It was a HUGE success. Our class alone raised over an eighth of all of the money that is donated to this awesome organization. Our class has really learned to "Live to Give". I truly appreciate all of your help in this!
2. Wednesday is our field trip to Autry Mill Middle School. Thank you so much for turning in all of those permission forms! Please have your child wear their Dolvin t-shirt on Wednesday for this field trip.
3. Thursday is our puberty lesson with the nurse. Thank you for returning these permission forms as well.
4. Friday we have an author visit.
5. Don't forget Milestone Madness week 5! All students know where to find this homework assignment. I will check Milestone Madness Week 5 on Friday.
Blue Math: We are still working on coordinate planes. The students have been doing a great job of being able to plot points and read points on coordinate planes. We have started graphing patterns. This is a much harder skill. They all have a notes packet in their binder over this skill. I suggest they review this nightly. Our test will be April 28th.
Yellow Math: We are still working on finding ratios, proportions, unit rate, and percent. Percent is a difficult skill that is found in this unit. All students got a study guide last week that we will be reviewing on Wednesday. Please make sure they are reviewing and completing this. We had our quiz last week, and students are still finishing this up.
Science: We are finishing up our constructive and destructive forces unit. Our test over this unit will be Wednesday. We moved it back a few days so students would have a few more days to review.
Social Studies: After our Science test on Wednesday, we will start our SS unit over the Civil Rights movement and the Cold War. Students should be reviewing their readings and notes nightly. Our test over this unit will be next Friday, March 31st, the Friday before Spring Break.
Check back every week for a new post with information about the coming week.